Wednesday, July 30, 2008

An Angel Named "Flo"


- by Steffany Barton, RN

With the hope of receiving encouragement, Brenda scheduled and appointment to see me. The wife of a prominent architect in the city, she had found herself completely overwhelmed by material abundance yet spiritually bankrupt. Burned out and frustrated, she sought a spiritual solution for her troubled soul.

Immediately, Brenda’s angel presented herself and began showing me images of Brenda in a yoga class. The angel, who called herself Flo, further indicated to me that Brenda could use a little practice with using the word “no.”

“Your angel is telling me that your energy took a drastic turn at about the age of 27. At that time, you began forgetting, or at least suppressing, your needs and your own individuality. It seems that you’ve drained your emotional and spiritual fuel tank through the constant pattern of pleasing others,” I shared with Brenda.

“Oh, yes, that makes sense. I had four children in my early twenties, then, at age 27 I had to have an emergency hysterectomy. After I recovered, my husband asked me to begin doing the books for his business. It turned into a full time job, and I managed to do it in addition to taking care of the children.

“But it seems that my children have never grown up. One of them lives with me now, and I just don’t see that changing. I feel like a shell. My joy in living is gone, and I just don’t know where to go,” Brenda shared.

“Have faith,” Flo immediately reassured Brenda. “This pattern can be shifted with a few minor adjustments in your routine. The first step is to attend the yoga class you’ve considered. From there, we encourage you to take risks at new ventures and then become more aware of the obligations you are undertaking,” Flo said.

“Oh yes, I understand that. But that’s not as easy as it seems. First, my husband expects me to maintain a certain face for him and the business. Second, I know that I sometimes need help. I’m afraid that if I were to tell someone else no, then I would be let down in my time of need. I’ve got to keep one step ahead, so to speak,” explained Brenda.

Flo smiled and encouraged this kind of thinking to change. “You doubt the supreme abundance and wisdom of the Universe. Your needs will always be met, and that fact is not contingent upon your good deeds. In truth, the more you honor yourself, the more receptive you are to receiving the rich blessings heaven has to offer,” explained Flo.

“I don’t understand. If I don’t help out where it is needed, then who will? Someone has got to do it. Most of the time I don’t feel up to my commitments, but I know I’m obligated,” said Brenda.

“Again, dearest child,” continued Flo, “we ask you to move forward in good faith. When you begrudgingly take on responsibility for others, you shut the door of ingenuity on the Universe. If you are not able to assist, please say no and trust that Heaven will manifest the perfect outcome. Remember that a good and loving force is in control.”

Tears welled up in Brenda’s eyes. “My goodness, I do want to control everything. I’ve always wanted things to work out just right, just the way I think they should. I see that might be causing me more suffering than I need to experience.”

Again, Flo encouraged Brenda to have faith. “Your willingness to surrender and receive help from the unending flow of love from the Universe ensures your complete healing. Allow simplicity to infuse your activities, and refuse to compromise further on self care. Yoga will lovingly direct your energies in this fashion.”

“I will take the class. I might not even wear makeup either. I can be less than perfect and still be good enough,” replied Brenda.

I could see that Brenda had received clear and direct guidance that pointed her toward healing action. With perseverance, and the ability to go with the Flo, I knew she would succeed in living the life she deserved to live.

- by Steffany Barton, RN

** Steffany Barton is a clairvoyant/clairaudient Reiki Master who holds a degree in Nursing. She works with the angelic and spirit realms on a full time basis. She can be reached for appointment at (913) 451-4567 or via the web at http://www.angelsinsight.com/ or via email at Steffany@AngelsInSight.com.

No comments: